CASK Logo



Home

Library

Newsletters

Competition Info

Links

Join CASK!

Contact CASK

Virginia Beer Blitz








Homebrewer
of the Year

Leader Board

Bryan Falman ... 6
Phillip Vaughn ... 4
Bryan Flaherty ... 2
Click to show all.
CASK
Welcome Homebrewers to CASK! The Colonial Ale Smiths & Keggers (CASK) is the Peninsula’s only local home brewing club. CASK is dedicated to the enjoyment and promotion of homebrewing and beer appreciation in the Hampton Roads and Williamsburg areas of Virginia.  Members share knowledge, methods, new brewpub and microbrewery discoveries, and good homebrew at monthly meetings and special events. CASK meets the third Thursday of each month. Interested in Joining or attending a meeting? E-mail info@colonialalesmiths.org

Our next Meeting will be the CASK Spring Party on May 14th! Check your inbox for further details. (No regular meeting this month)


Member Dues: Member Dues are $25.00 a year.
Members can now pay their dues online via PayPal by clicking on the button below. Remember that to be a current member, you must pay your dues by the February meeting. You can also go directly to PayPal and send the $25.00 payment to payments@colonialalesmiths.org

You may also pay your dues in cash or by check at a meeting or you can mail a check, made payable to CASK, to:
CASK
P.O. Box 5224
Williamsburg, VA 23188.

Breaking News . . .


Congratulations to Dan Deibler
2016 CASK Homebrewer of the Year!


Spring Iron Brew Rules: Any beer submitted for the Spring Iron Brew must meet the following criteria:

  • Minimum of 70% Pale Malt (2-row grain, 6-row grain, or pale malt extract), the remaining 30% can be whatever grain(s)/adjuncts that you'd like.


  • Minimum of 75% of hops from the American "C" family (see below), the remaining 25% can be whatever variety of hops you'd like.

  •         The American "C" hops are:
    • Cascade
    • Columbus (also known as CTZ)
    • Centennial
    • Chinook

  • Fermented with one of the two following yeast strains, or both strains blended together.
  •     1.    Chico Ale yeast, sold as:
    • White Labs WLP001 California Ale Yeast
    • Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast
    • Fermentis Safale US-05
    • RVA 101 Chico Ale Yeast

        2.    Dupont saison yeast, sold as:
    • White Labs WLP565
    • Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison Yeast
    • Fermentis Safbrew T-58
    • RVA 261 Saison I


The results for the Tenth Annual Virginia Beer Blitz are here!

Don't Forget that
- All current CASK members receive a 10% discount:

CASK
Colonial Ale Smith and Keggers
P.O. Box 5224
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Problems? Tell the Webmaster!

Homebrewing